since the revelations by wistleblower edward snowden it is well known that intelligence agencies are engaging in surveillance on a global scale by activating other people’s cameras and recording them without their knowledge or consent.
remote access trojans (RAT) have been used for over two decades to gain control over stranger's cameras and spy on them.
even cameras built in apple’s macbooks that allegedly couldn’t be turned on without activating the indicator light were hacked, disabling the indicator light while the camera was recording.
many apps ask for permission to access the cameras on your phone or tablet. this means that these apps can secretly take photos or record you.
why you should cover the cameras on your devices
- security professionals do it1 2
- computers, tablets and phones have been hacked before
- camera vulnerabilities happened in the past and will happen again in the future
- webcam access can be used by hackers to gain further control over your devices
here's what you get by using a CamTag
- peace of mind. you can be sure that nobody can spy on you via the cameras on your devices when they are covered
- a flexible way of protecting your privacy. CamTags are glue-free and can be applied and removed multiple times
- a personal touch added to your devices. you can style your phone, tablet and laptop with a variety of designs
- custom branded CamTags to showcase and strengthen your brand