Hopefully you are doing great and enjoying summer as much as possible under the current circumstances.
We are glad that 80% of the surveys we sent out last week have been completed. Thank you!
If you haven't completed your survey yet, please do so as soon as possible, so that we can bring CamTag into your hands.
Warning on Apple's support page
Last weekend several news outlets published articles about a warning Apple published on their support page. Apple warns MacBook owners to remove camera coverings before closing their laptop.
Apple states that camera covers:
- thicker than 0.1mm could damage the Macbook's display
- might interfere with the MacBook's ambient light sensor
- might leave adhesive residue
We are happy to let you know that CamTag lives up to Apple's recommendations.
CamTag privacy stickers are:
- only 0.1mm thin, about as thin as an average sheet of printing paper
- glue-free, so it is impossible it leaves adhesive residue
- available in 5 sizes to ensure only the camera is covered without interfering with any sensors next to it
We tested several versions of our glue-free adhesive film and found the 0.1mm thin version to be the best combination of thinness and robustness. In over two years of development we did our best to make sure that CamTag doesn't fold/break and looks great even after heavy usage. For those of us who don't want to rely on the MacBook's green indicator light, CamTag remains one of the most elegant and safe ways to protect our privacy.